principle and basis of life, breathing appropriately is essential for our life.
BREATHING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ACTIVITY FOR OUR SURVIVAL. We will survive without breathing for only a few minutes. Our body produces energy from the oxygen we receive by breathing. But no one at school teaches us how to breathe properly. Often our parents don't even know it.
What can we do for our health?
ACTIVATE OUR BREATHING TO MAKE OUR LIFE HEALTHY.
WHY IS IT GOOD TO PRACTICE ACTIVE BREATHING, AND HOW?
- How much attention and time do we devote to breathing?
- Who among us pays active attention to breathing?
- Try measuring the volume of your usual breath with an inflatable balloon. Is it a few deciliters or liters?
- Try to observe who is breathing properly (deeply and on the side).
In my practice, I always watch people breathe and pay close attention to patients as their lungs fill and empty. I watch what moves on their body - chest, abdomen ...
BREATHING IS THE BASIS OF OUR LIFE, provided we breathe suitable air. We know that when we are out of breath for more than a few minutes (on average around 7 minutes), our body ceases to perform its metabolic functions until it is completely stopped. Compared to the facts that we will survive without water for about 3 days and without food for about 90 days, it is clear how important breathing is. Note: the breathless world record is more than 25 minutes, but this is an exception.
What happens when breathing and what is its role?
- The lungs are our part of the body that has the greatest surface contact with the outside world - around 70 m2. This is the principle of exchange: giving and receiving.
- With a breath, we supply our body with O2 - oxygen, from which our cells are producing energy.
- When we exhale, we excrete what our body no longer needs: CO2 - carbon dioxide (excess).
Why do we breathe differently when walking uphill, climbing stairs, sports performance, etc ...? Once we move in the opposite direction to the gravitational force (gravity), we need more energy = more oxygen = faster and deeper breathing.
When there is a lack of oxygen, our body is not able to produce enough energy, which causes hypoxia (lack of oxygen in the body, or in individual tissues).
In case of inappropriate breathing, we get tired faster. Another example is cerebral hypoxia = lack of oxygen in the brain can endanger the health of this important part of the body. If the brain does not get enough oxygen for a long time, some cells and if for longtime the brain die. And, for example, being overweight leads to us breathing inappropriately because the abdominal cavity presses on the diaphragm.
NOW WE WILL TAKE A LOOK AT DIMENSIONS OF OUR BREATHING
IT IS INCREDIBLE THAT DEEP BREATHING CAN HAVE SUCH BIG INFLUENCE ON OUR ORGANISM.
This requires some data and a comparison. A reasonable dose of food and drink for an adult (with regard to the type of work, sports, etc ...) is about 1 kg of food and 1.5 to 2 liters of drinks. Subsequently, we eliminate the same amount of what we eat and drink (that is, we do not gain weight or lose weight), provided that our metabolism works properly. By proper breathing, we absorb many times more oxygen in terms of volume and weight than food and drinks. The luck is that the volume of oxygen does not gain weight, but produces energy in the cell. The more oxygen, the more energy.
Let's see what the numbers and values tell us in terms of oxygen supply to our body.
What is the difference when we breathe shallowly or deeply?
Factors that we take into account in the calculation:
- inhaling and exhaling volume
- air weight
- air composition
- oxygen ratio in air
Of course, these numbers differ if we are in a smoky / polluted environment or in a forest, by the sea, ...
Let's start with the weight of the air and its composition.
In addition, if we measure exactly the weight of a cubic meter of dry air, we get 1.204 kg at 1,013.25 pressure in hectopascals (1 bar) and a temperature of 20 ° C. Under these circumstances, a liter of air weighs 1.2 grams.
It follows that:
FROM THE ABOVE VALUES, IT MEANS THAT DEEP BREATHING SUPPLIES OUR ORGANISM 8.6x MORE OXYGEN FOR ENERGY CREATION THAN SURFACE BREATHING. WHAT DO YOU THINK? IS IT BEAUTIFUL?
For suitable and high-quality breathing, not only the quantity is enough for us, but it is also necessary to take into account the method of breathing.
The basis is:
- inhale through the nose. And you can try to inhale for a while only through the left or right nostril.
- exhale through your nose. Better emptying of the lungs is achieved by exhaling through the mouth. The more often we exhale through the mouth, the more carbon dioxide we remove from the body, the more fresh air we can get.
First, realize how you are breathing now, what parts of your body are moving. For many people, almost nothing moves, which means a small volume of inhaling / exhaling.
There are different breathing techniques (such as the belly for the orient), but let's try something different. The technique of appropriate breathing is
BREATHE AS OF THE SIDE PARTIES. YOU CAN USE YOUR HANDS FOR HELP. THAT YOU PRESS THE HANDS INTO THE RIBS WHEN EXHAUSTING.
OUR CHEST SHOULD EXTEND THE PARTIES AS MOST AS POSSIBLE, SEVERAL CENTIMETERS ON EACH SIDE
Try a follow-up exercise - place your fingers on both sides of your chest and breathe deeply and feel. At the beginning of the exercise, try to take a deep breath through your nose and take a deep breath through your mouth for comparison. See if you exhale more through your mouth or nose.
- first take a deep breath of all possible air out of your lungs, so you empty the carbon dioxide (CO2). This will make room for a deep breath = more space for more oxygen
- inhale so that your lungs swell as far to the sides as possible and the lower part of your chest expands
- exhale all air through your mouth again
- continue rhythmically and repeat several times a day
SUITABLE BREATHING = more oxygen = more energy = better thinking = better life
ONE OF THE MANY UNKNOWN FACTS, BUT THE BASIC TERMS OF ETHIOMEDICINE are that we receive ENERGY HOPE FOR LIFE through channels - NEEDLES / funnels that are located where we have to breathe to the sides of the chest at the level of the yellow arrows in the picture above.
By proper breathing we activate these channels and gain hope for life.
What effect does smoking have?
There has been a lot of thinking, writing and talking about smoking. It does not benefit many people. In any case, it is not appropriate to judge smokers. It is their decision and their health, their responsibility. However, everyone's freedom ends where the other's freedom begins. Smoking can help someone overcome periods at certain stages of their lives that can be very stressful. But it is appropriate to face everything, gradually process everything, accept natural laws. Understand and quit smoking. From the point of view of respiration, however, we receive inappropriate substances into the lungs (and it is not yet publicly known what all cigarettes contain, ,,,).
SOME BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT SMOKING:
- It is healthy? At the physiological level, we all know that smoking is not healthy
- What does smoking actually do? It disconnects (blurs) us from higher levels of information
- Is it appropriate to stop? Yes, but not for everyone right away. Personally, I always ask the heart (an organ that is all-conscious ...) of the patient if he is ready to stop smoking. Or whether he first needs to understand and process his perception of law and consciously accept other laws of nature.
- With understanding and accepting the Legality, we naturally have no desire to smoke
SUMMARY OF SUITABLE BREATHING
- Deep breathing brings several times more oxygen to our body.
- Cells need oxygen to produce energy = health.
- Inhale through the nose.
- Exhale through your nose and use your mouth for full exhalation.
- Breathe to the sides at the level of the lower chest for the hope in our life.
It is possible to go much further in the explanations on all the mentioned topics. And let us realize that even our breathing and thinking require our constant attention. It is advisable to make time several times a day and learn to consciously breathe and think properly.
We wish you a wonderful continuation of your life journeys, full of energy and health.