of thought, communication and action, with the right to do everything with
respect for the Law and filters of Wisdom and LOVE. The boundaries of our
freedom end where the boundaries of the freedom of others begin.
And it is very important to agree with others about the concept and meaning of the word FREEDOM.
Freedom does not mean the right to do anything ruthlessly.
Freedom can be unclear, misleading, confusing for many beings in the period of transition from childhood to adulthood (= puberty). Because many people think that freedom means doing or not doing what they want, regardless of others or circumstances or the LAW. And that's NOT APPROPRIATE AT ALL.
Freedom always has to grow with responsibility, and that is one of the most important tasks of education.
Freedom has its limits:
- Our freedom ends where the freedom of others begins. Or: DON'T DO ANOTHER THAT YOU DON'T WISH THE SECOND TO DO TO YOU = the LOVE filter.
And when we ourselves do not respect the freedom of others, we are basically showing that others do not have to respect our freedom. It is not always easy to find boundaries, but with good will, thoughtfulness, appropriate agreements and respect, we are able to set them acceptably. And it is connected with our living space. But taking something without an exchange (for example, in a store without paying) is called theft. Our freedom does not mean stealing or create thieves. This is against the LAW. Failure to respect the LAW often leads to disagreements between people. For example, in a job where some do not respect work agreements (quantitative or qualitative), which colleagues then need to "catch up". Or at homework, childcare, etc ... What one does not do, the other has to do. Freedom does not mean that we do nothing and live like lazy people or that we all do only what we want, on the contrary, if we wish to live freely, we need to respect the LAW.
The boundaries of our freedom in various areas and levels are:
- Laws of nature, i.e. the universe = THE LAW.
- Rights and obligations given by laws.
- Agreements and customs.
- Appropriate behaviour.
- Respect. Also, of filters of Wisdom and LOVE
- Own perceptions and values.
From the point of view of destiny, it is appropriate to understand and accept that our freedom has its boundaries, because we cannot escape our destiny (= what we have to learn, understand and respect, ...), we cannot change it, with the condition that when we come to understanding and respect, so we no longer have to deal with the area.
It is not possible for anyone to do anything, that is, for everyone to do what they want.
Of course, it is not desirable for us to restrict ourselves, i.e., to take away or limit our freedom, for example by anxiety, fear, inconsistency, ... We have complete freedom of thought: we can think anything (even inappropriate), but it is not appropriate to say and do anything. Fortunately, the Filters of Wisdom and LOVE offer us the right limits of our freedom to others. Our freedom should always be linked to our responsibility. And this is one of the most difficult aspects of appropriate upbringing.
Adolescents often see freedom as an opportunity to do anything, to try everything possible, appropriate and inappropriate as they want (not always as we wish as parents and it is appropriate from the point of view of LAW) without borders, only to "enjoy" without responsibility, without protection, without conscience, without respect ...
Parents often take over the responsibility for their children, based on their own experience, as they have seen, read or heard much more inappropriate (from which fear and anxiety arise) than their children. Then there are often disagreements or conflicts between parents and adolescents.
YES, parents often wish (they want) that their offspring do not have problems in life, but it is necessary to realize that neither children nor anyone else will escape their destiny. We can't keep an eye on anyone, and if someone wants to try something, they will find the time and space to try it.
There is often an agreement on the part of parents (tacit and accepted collective obligation) that they have full responsibility for "their" "children", and very often there are disagreements or conflicts between parents and adolescents. However, parents forget that it is appropriate to mutate this sense of duty and responsibility into LOVE and MUTUAL ASSISTANCE as soon as possible. And above all, gradually pass on to the growing ones the responsibility for their own thinking, speaking, acting, ... And in order to understand and learn to distinguish the appropriate from the inappropriate from the point of view of life experience. And to occasionally experience the unsuitable (contact with the hot, fall on a bike, on skis, ...) or see, read and / or hear about it, ...
What can't we do for others?
- We can neither think for them,
- nor eat,
- nor digest
- and excrete,
- nor drink,
- nor breathe,
- nor learn, nor act,
- nor be sick, ...
- nor live.
What can we do as parents for children, friends and others?
- Give them information = experience i,
- explain what responsibility means,
- convey appropriate values,
- and offer explanations of the LAW and Filters of Love and Wisdom,
- including awareness of one's own responsibility and
- teaching them to live in LOVE.
What we can do for our children:
- discuss values with them,
- lead them to understand that: As they settle down and they lie down,
- give them responsibility for their own lives as soon as possible
- explain to them that they are learning for themselves
- explain to them what are the benefits of finding their own profession (teaching or studying)
- to be an example
- and pass on everything appropriate that leads to adulthood.
Freedom transfer also needs to be planned and agreed. It is appropriate to agree on the gradual development of the transfer, so that even the child knows that his or her freedom is expanding, under certain conditions. For example, when will he receive pocket money and will be able to raise it if, for example, he does something extra (wipes dishes, cleans parents' shoes, cleans dishes ...) In other words: It is advisable to create an agreement that will allow the teenager to realize:
- that nothing is done by itself,
- that he has responsibility for his pocket money (at least in part and that his responsible activity will allow him to have more money and indulge in something, ...)
- value of things
- that the work of others must be respected
It is appropriate to agree and allow adolescents to form a vision that their freedom is gradually expanding and will continue to expand. For example:
- about the time to go to bed - there are many options and it is a common agreement. For example: every x month it can be up x minutes longer.
- And when there are siblings of different ages in the household, it is necessary to explain to all children that they have the same rights and common rules. But the age difference is taken into account for younger people, and when they reach the same age, the same rules corresponding to this age will also apply to them.
- regarding the amount of pocket money.
- the possibility of choosing food and the possibility of compiling a menu according to appropriate dietary rules.
- have a individual free choice of clothes.
- own choice of activities.
- it is also possible to agree on a specific motivation = reward in connection with the current topic of the family (non-smoking, no drugs, graduation, ...)
The art is for teenagers to have a constant feeling that their freedom is expanding and at the same time taking on their own responsibility.
Even in „democratic" societies, we are responsible for our freedom. We express our freedom in elections by voting and, possibly, our opposition through demonstrations, referendums, protests to which we have a free right in democratic states. Mahatma Gandhi has been and will be an example.